Takraw Australia is committed to protecting the personal privacy of our members and friends, and observes the National Privacy Principles pursuant to the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988.
Personal information about our members and friends, including your name, address, telephone number and other personal details will be handled appropriately, and you may contact us at any time to request details about what information we hold, or to request it to be changed or deleted.
- Will only collect the personal information about a member or friend that we need to do business with the member or friend. This will usually be a name, address, contact telephone number, e-mail address, delivery details and purchasing information (for example the items being purchased or placed as a special order)
- Does not sell or rent personal information about our members and friends, including names, addresses and telephone numbers, to any outside person or organisation
- Will only ever use a member or friend's personal information for Takraw Australia marketing purposes if we have first requested and received your permission to do so
How and why does Takraw Australia collect and use personal information?
Takraw Australia does not collect personal information unless it is necessary for us to carry out our functions and activities. We only collect such information by lawful and air means and in an unobtrusive way. We will let you know:
- When we collect information about you; and
- What Information we collect and hold about you and why we collect such information; and
- How that information is used by us and any organisations, or types of organisations that the information would usually be disclosed to; and
- If the law requires the collection of such information; and
- The consequences, if any, of you not disclosing such information; and
- That you can access such information and how you can access such information; and
- How you can correct such information if it is not correct.
Wherever possible you have the option of transacting with us anonymously as a member or friend. Once you decide to make an on-line purchase you will need to cease to be anonymous. We require your details in order to process your purchase and deliver it to you. Failure to complete this information fully may mean that you will not be able to purchase goods using this site.
Personal information is requested or collected only when it is required to assist you inefficiently completing your transaction or in handling your inquiry.
Generally, there is no obligation to provide us with any of the personal information that we may request, however if you choose not to provide us with the requested information we may not be able to offer the requested service, or we may not be able to handle it as efficiently for you. The information we require in the delivery section must be completed, so that we can deliver the items purchased. Failure to provide a delivery address will mean that the goods will not be delivered. Where the details provided are about a third party, we will inform the third-party as to how we received their details.
As is the case with many websites, we automatically receive and record information on our Internet Server logs from your Internet browser including your Internet Provider address and cookie information. 'Cookies" are small files that your web browser places on your computer's hard drive and which enable us to monitor your use of our website. This assists us to develop the site further based on our member or friend's use of it. The cookies do not allow us to gather any personal information that would identify you or your e-mail address. You have the option of setting your web browser to reject cookies, however this may impact negatively on your experience of this website.
Links to other sites
This site may from time to time contain links to other websites. Takraw Australia is not responsible for the privacy practices nor the content of any linked website. You should be aware that you must read the Privacy Statement related to that site. The Takraw Australia Privacy Statement relates only to the Takraw Australia website.
Disclosure of personal information
We will use and disclose your personal information for the primary purposes of our business to facilitate providing the service you have requested, where you consent to such disclosure, or where such disclosure is permitted by the Privacy Act.
The personal information you provide will not be disclosed to any organisation, except:
- To our providers of website hosting, order processing and fulfilment services as maybe required to process and dispatch your order
- Australia Post or a courier company contracted to effect delivery of your purchase
- Our accountants if required in the course of their audit procedures
- As required or authorised by law.
Any third party to whom this information is disclosed will only be able to utilise the information for the sole purpose of enabling the third party to manage and host Takraw Australia website, to fulfil and effect delivery of your purchase, and to ensure the accuracy and validity of Takraw Australia records as well as the proper accounting of the same. The disclosure enables Takraw Australia to retail to you over the Internet.
We will not otherwise provide your personal information to a third party without your approval except in cases required or authorised by law.
Security of your personal information
Takraw Australia takes measures to ensure that the personal information you have provided to us is kept confidential and secure, and to ensure it is protected from unauthorised access, misuse, disclosure or alteration. All information submitted to takrawaustralia.com re purchasing is secured using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)software.
Information held by this website is protected by encryption and firewall technology. We will also take measures to securely destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when it is no longer required.
Takraw Australia Privacy Complaint Process
If you are concerned with the way Takraw Australia has handled your personal information, please contact us. To assist the prompt investigation of your complaint we will make available to you a privacy complaint form, which you will be required to complete and return to us. If we have not handled your personal information in an appropriate way we will take steps to remedy your concerns promptly. If you are still concerned, you may contact the Privacy Commissioner.
How can you access your personal information?
Takraw Australia will reasonably attempt to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, up to date, and complete. To assist us to do this please provide us with the correct information and inform us if there is any change in your details.
Please contact us if you would like access to the personal information that we hold about you, if you would like to update it, or if you believe that the personal information we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate. To protect your privacy and security we may need to take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
More information about Australia's Privacy Law and the National Privacy Principles is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner's website at http://www.privacy.gov.au